- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Souffle Broccoli Roulade Recipe
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Frozen broccoli packets||2|
|Swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 381 Calories from Fat 254
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.3%
Saturated Fat 17 g84.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.1 mg
Sodium 274.8 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.2%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 13 g26.4%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 5.6%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 15X10X1-inch jelly roll pan. Line the pan with wax paper. Grease the paper and dust it with flour.
2) In a medium saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Turn off the flame before blending in flour and salt. Add in the milk. Stir constantly while cooking till the mixture becomes thick.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites into soft peaks. In a larger bowl, beat the egg yolks lightly.
4) Pour the thickened sauce slowly into the egg yolks. Stir gently to blend.
5) Fold in the egg whites thoroughly making sure no yellow traces remain.
6) Spread the mixture evenly in the jelly roll pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until it turns golden. The top should spring back on touching lightly with a finger.
7) Meanwhile, cook the broccoli as per packet instructions. Drain and slice them into 1-inch pieces. Keep aside 1/2 cup broccoli for garnish.
8) Prepare the Swiss Cheese Sauce by melting butter or margarine in a medium saucepan. Add in the flour, salt and pepper. Stir continously to cook the flour. When the mixture starts to bubble, add in the milk. Cook while stirring till the sauce becomes thick, for about a minute. Add in the cheese and mix around till it melts into the sauce.
9) Loosen the edges of the roll from the pan using a spatula. Cover with a wax paper. Place a cookie sheet or tray on top and turn the roll upside down onto the tray. Peel the wax paper off.
10) Place the broccoli over the roll in a single layer. Sprinkle cheese on top. Pour 1/2 cup hot cheese sauce over it.
11) Roll it up starting from the 10-inch end like a jelly roll.
12) Lift the roll onto a hot serving plate using two spatulas.
Pour 1/2 Swiss Cheese sauce over it and garnish with 1/2 cup of broccoli.
13) Slice the roll thick and serve.
14) Serve the leftover Swiss Cheese Sauce on the side.