- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Broccoli Soufflé Roulade Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Frozen broccoli||20 Ounce (2 Packages, 10 Ounces Each)|
|Shredded swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1742 Calories from Fat 974
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g168.1%
Saturated Fat 59.5 g297.5%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 1086.6 mg
Sodium 2233.5 mg93.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.3%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.1%
Sugars 28.6 g
Protein 89 g178.9%
Vitamin A 403.8% Vitamin C 867.2%
Calcium 158.7% Iron 38.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan. Blend in flour and salt; stir in the milk. Cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
3. Beat egg whites until they form soft peaks in a medium-size bowl. Beat egg yolks slightly in a large bowl. Slowly beat hot mixture into egg yolks, until blended. Fold beaten egg whites into egg yolks. Spread evenly in pan.
4. Bake in moderate oven (325°) for 45 minutes, or until golden and top springs back when touched.
5. While omelet bakes, cook broccoli; drain and cut into 1-inch pieces. Reserve 1/2 cup for garnish.
6. Make Swiss Cheese Sauce.
7. Remove omelet from the pan this way: Loosen around the edges with spatula; cover it with waxed paper or foil. Place a large cooky sheet or tray on top, then quickly turn upside down. Lift pan; peel off paper.
8. Arrange the broccoli in a single layer on top; sprinkle with cheese; drizzle 1/2 cup of hot cheese sauce over. Starting at a short end, roll the omelet, jelly-roll fashion, lifting waxed paper or foil to guide it.
9. Lift roll onto platter with two wide spatulas. Drizzle about 1/2 cup more sauce over roll and garnish with reserved broccoli.
10. Cut roll in thick slices. Pass remaining sauce.