- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Souffle Omelette Recipe
|Cherry tomatoes||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Mixed mushrooms||8 Ounce (225 Grams Such As Button, Chestnut, Shiitake, Oyster And Wild Mushrooms)|
|Vegetable stock||4 Tablespoon|
|Thyme||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Eggs||4 Medium, separated|
|Egg whites||4 Medium|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Arugula leaves||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Thyme sprigs||1 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 687 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.1%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 744.4 mg
Sodium 1056.7 mg44%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.7 g74.9%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 50 g99.1%
Vitamin A 147.5% Vitamin C 333.9%
Calcium 59.4% Iron 126.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the stock and thyme to the pan, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain, remove the thyme and discard, and keep the mixture warm.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the egg yolks with 8 tablespoons of water until frothy. In a clean, grease-free bowl, mix the 8 egg-whites until stiff and dry.
4. Spoon the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and, using a metal spoon, fold the whites and yolks into each other until well mixed. Take care not to knock out too much of the air.
5. For each omelette brush a small omelette pan with 1 teaspoon of oil and heat until hot. Pour in a quarter of the egg mixture and cook for 4—5 minutes or until the mixture has set.
6. Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium and finish cooking the omelette for 2-3 minutes.
7. Transfer the omelette to a warm serving plate. Fill the omelette with a few rocket (arugula) leaves, and a quarter of the mushroom and tomato mixture. Flip over the top of the omelette, garnish with sprigs of chyme and serve.