- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soto Banjar Recipe
|Homemade chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), defatted|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs), defatted (Homemade)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flat leaf parsley sprigs||4 Large|
|Cilantro sprigs||2 , roots and stems slightly crushed|
|Chicken breast||1 1⁄4 Pound, rinsed well|
|Boiling potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3 Medium Pieces)|
|Potatoes||12 Ounce, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (3 Medium)|
|Shallots||4 Ounce, peeled|
|Garlic cloves||4 Large, peeled|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Cardamom||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Cinnamon stick||3 Inch|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Angel hair pasta||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Hard cooked eggs||3 , peeled, quartered|
|Eggs||3 , hard-cooked, peeled and quartered|
|Green celery leaves/Cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lime||1 , thinly sliced|
Calories 435 Calories from Fat 113
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.7 mg
Sodium 570.3 mg23.8%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 33 g65.9%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 16.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Slice half the shallots and half the garlic lengthwise into very thin slices.
2. Finely mince the remaining shallots, garlic and ginger together with the cardamom.
3. In a medium-size soup pot, put together chicken broth, water, and parsley and cilantro sprigs.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Add the chicken breast.
6. Cover the pat partially.
7. Simmer over reduced heat for about 30 minutes until the chicken is just cooked through.
8. Spoon out the chicken and let cool slightly.
9. Separate the meat from the bones.
10. Chop the meat in 1 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
11. Discard skin and bones.
12. Keep aside in a covered container.
13. Pour the broth through a strainer.
14. Return the strained soup to the pot.
15. Add potatoes to the broth.
16. In a medium-size nonstick skillet, heat oil over low heat.
17. Add the sliced shallots and garlic
18. Stir fry for about 10 minutes until lightly golden and crisp.
19. Remove fried shallots and garlic with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to drain.
20. Keep aside for garnish.
21. In the same skillet, add the finely minced shallot mixture.
22. Cook uncovered.
23. Stir and cook over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until aromatic.
24. Add this mixture to the broth.
25. Add cinnamon stick, salt, and pepper.
26. Cook covered over medium heat for 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
27. Spoon out the potatoes from the broth.
28. Discard the cinnamon stick.
29. Arrange 6 shallow soup or pasta bowls.
30. Place chicken, pasta, eggs, and potatoes in sections in each bowl.
31. Heat broth until piping hot.
32. Adjust seasoning to taste.
33. Pour a ladle full of broth into the bowls.
34. Garnish with reserved shallots and garlic.
35. Sprinkle the celery leaves or cilantro atop.
36. Center a slice of lime slice on each bowl.