- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Honey/1/2 cup sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6596 Calories from Fat 4535
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 513 g789.5%
Saturated Fat 87.9 g439.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 731.2 mg
Sodium 3148.1 mg131.2%
Total Carbohydrates 457 g152.2%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.3%
Sugars 164.5 g
Protein 58 g116.5%
Vitamin A 37.4% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 112.1% Iron 122.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a bowl and sift the baking powder, flour and salt into it.
2. Beat the mixture to resemble coarse meal after cutting in the butter.
3. Take another bowl and whisk eggs and sugar in it. Blend it with dry ingredients with enough water to make about 1/3 cup of soft dough.
4. Spread the dough on floured board and knead it for about 10 minutes till it becomes smooth and elastic.
5. Cover the dough with towel and let it stand for another half an hour or longer.
6. Roll the dough to a 1/8 inch thickness and slit it out in 3-inch squares.
7. Fry it deeply for about 2 ½ - 3 minutes by turning them often until they brown out evenly. Do not attempt to fry 2 or 3 at time.
8. Place the fried Sopaipillas on a paper towel for draining.
9. Serve with cinnamon –sugar mixture dip or with honey.