- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sonora Style Enchiladas Recipe
|Monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, chilled|
|Monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, well chilled|
|Mild cheddar cheese||6 Ounce|
|Mild cheddar cheese||6 Ounce, well chilled|
|Pitted black olives||6 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Pitted black olives||1 Can (10 oz), drained, to approximately weigh 6 ounce|
|Green onions||6 Ounce (10 In Number)|
|Enchilada sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Or 1 Can Of 10 Ounces)|
|Sauce||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 1162 Calories from Fat 886
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 103 g157.9%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g109.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 913.9 mg38.1%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 19 g37.4%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 34.6%
Calcium 48.9% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350Â°F.
2. With a shredder or the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the Monterey Jack and Cheddar. Mix together and keep aside.
3. With a knife or the slicing disc of a food processor, slice the olives
4. With a knife or the metal blade of a food processor, mince the green onions fine.
5. Take a large baking dish and butter or grease it.
6. Arrange stacks using 6 tortillas in 2 stacks or 4 tortillas in 3 stacks.
7. Divide the filling ingredients into separate portions so that each layer will have roughly the same amount of filling.
8. Take a shallow dish and pour the enchilada and tomato sauces on it.
9. Place a frying pan on medium heat and heat 1/2-inch oil.
10. Fry the tortillas until just softened, taking care not to make them crisp or they will not roll.
11. Place the tortillas on kitchen towels to dry, and sip them in the sauce.
12. Place the tortillas on the baking dish and layer them first with the cheeses, then the olives and finally, the green onions. Repeat the frying, saucing and layering processes till all tortillas are stacked.
13. End the stacking with a tortilla topped with about 1 ounce cheese, 1/2 ounce green onions and a sprinkling of olives.
14. In the oven, bake uncovered for 10 minutes, until hot.
15. Serve hot, the 4-tortilla stacks cut in half and the 6-tortilla stacks cut in quarters.