- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sonia's Teriyaki Steak Recipe
|Boneless beef chuck||2 Pound (About 1 1/2 Inches Thick)|
|Grated fresh ginger/1/2 teaspoon ground ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Peanut oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2838 Calories from Fat 2003
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 223 g343.5%
Saturated Fat 76 g379.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 598.7 mg
Sodium 4356.6 mg181.5%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.7%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 179 g358.2%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 92.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Freeze steak after discarding membranes and fat for 20 minutes to slice easily.
2. Prepare a mixture of ginger, sugar, soy sauce, 1 tbsp oil, garlic and sherry and keep aside.
3. Take out the frozen steak and using a knife slice the steak diagonally across the grain to make 1/8 inch pieces. Add to marinade, mix well and refrigerate, loosely covered, overnight.
4. Take out from the refrigerator, drain and keep aside the marinade.
5. Take a large wok or skillet and heat 2 tbsp oil. Stir in the meat and fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or till pink color of the meat disappears.
6. Boil the marinade kept aside and pour on meat.
7. Top plain boiled rice with Sonia and serve immediately.