- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solo Glaze Filled Crepes Recipe
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 410 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 122.1 mg
Sodium 166 mg6.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26%
Dietary Fiber 0.56 g2.3%
Sugars 62 g
Protein 7 g14.3%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 8.2% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the crepe batter, in a medium dry bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt.
2. In a large bowl, break eggs.
3. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat the eggs until well blended and thick,
4. While whisking constantly but lightly, fold in the dry ingredients, alternately adding milk. Alternately, make the batter in a food processor if you like, stopping the motor once or twice to scrape flour from the side of container with a rubber spatula.
5. Once the batter is smooth, cover bowl and rest for at least 2 hours before cooking.
6. Heat a lightly buttered 6-7 inch crepe pan or frying pan, preferably non-stick.
7. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 1/4 cup batter in the center of the pan.
8. Quickly and swiftly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer.
9. Cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned at the bottom and top surface is dry to touch.
10. Turn and cook the other side.
11. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate.
12. Continue to make remaining crepes greasing pan with butter after every crepe.
13. Stack between sheets of wax paper, to cool.
14. Just before serving, heat glaze.
15. Brush each crepe with the glaze and
16. Fold over the sides neatly.
17. Reheat in a pan using a little butter, until golden.
18. Slide onto a serving plate.
19. Dust the crepes and plate with powdered sugar.
20. Serve immediately.