- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sole With Papaya Recipe
|Firm ripe papaya||1 1⁄4 Pound (450 To 565 Gram, 1 Piece)|
|Fresh skinless sole fillets/Pompano fillets||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Fresh lime juice||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Milliliter)|
|All purpose flour||80 Milliliter (1/3 Cup)|
|Butter/Margarine||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Vegetable oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon (0.5 Milliliter)|
|Piloncillo||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1787 Calories from Fat 862
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 97 g149.6%
Saturated Fat 45.9 g229.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 385 mg
Sodium 1886.4 mg78.6%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.9 g51.7%
Sugars 59.1 g
Protein 70 g140.2%
Vitamin A 154.3% Vitamin C 630.1%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle fish with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lime juice; let stand 5 minutes.
3. Sprinkle fish with salt. Place flour on waxed paper. Dip fish in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
4. Heat 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter and the oil in 12-inch (30-cm) skillet over medium-high heat until foamy. Add as many fish fillets as will fit in single layer without crowding. Cook, turning once, until golden on outside and opaque throughout, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to warm serving platter; keep warm. Repeat with any remaining fillets.
5. Add remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) butter to skillet; heat over medium heat un-til bubbly. Add papaya; sprinkle with cinnamon. Cook, turning papaya over gently, just until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove papaya with slotted spatula; arrange on platter with fish.
6. Sprinkle piloncillo over drippings in skillet; stir to mix. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons (45 mL) lime juice. Heat over medium-high heat to boiling; cook and stir until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Spoon sauce over fish