- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sole With Black Butter And Capers Recipe
|Sole fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Dredging)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Light vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Small capers||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|For black butter sauce|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon (3/4 Stick)|
|Balsamic vinegar/Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 664 Calories from Fat 485
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.6%
Saturated Fat 21.3 g106.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.2 mg
Sodium 292.5 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.21 g0.84%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 34 g67.7%
Vitamin A 18% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 6.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Using a knife, cut the fillet in half lengthwise.
2) Dredge the slices lightly with flour.
3) In a large skillet, heat butter and vegetable oil.
4) Lightly fry the fillets for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they are firm and golden. Remove and keep warm on a heated platter.
5) Take a small skillet and heat olive oil. Put in the capers carefully and fry until they puff open like flowers.
6) Drain the excess oil and sprinkle over fillet.
7) TO MAKE THE SAUCE: Heat a small skillet over medium heat and melt butter till turns nutty brown.
8) Add the vinegar and stir well till a nice sauce is formed.
9) Pour the hot sauce over the fillet and serve right away.