- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sole Veronique Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram, Plus 1 Tsp)|
|Dover sole||2 Pound (900 Gram, After Skin And Side Bones Removed)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Dried dill||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry white wine||8 Fluid Ounce (240 Milliliter)|
|Water||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||2 Fluid Ounce (60 Milliliter)|
|Green grapes||8 Ounce, seeded (225 Gram)|
|Lemon slices||3 (Few Slices)|
Calories 496 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.1 mg
Sodium 449.2 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 14.2 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 8% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 15%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6.
1) Take a baking dish and apply 1 tsp butter on it.
2) Apply salt and pepper to the fish and line them on the baking dish.
3) Scatter onion and dill over it.
4) Add in wine and water.
5) In the oven, bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
6) Take away from the oven and keep it in a warmed serving dish.
7) Through a seive, strain the cooking liquid and reserve 4 fl oz (120 ml) of stock.
8) In a clean pan, melt the remaining butter and add flour.
9) Pour in milk and stock to form a smooth sauce by stirring.
10) Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
11) Stir in cream and gently simmer for a further 2 minutes.
12) Spoon the sauce over the fillets. Garnish with grapes and lemon slices around it.
13) Serve hot.