- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sole En Goujons Recipe
|Sole fillets||4 , skinned and filleted|
|Seasoned flour||4 Tablespoon (To Coat The Fish)|
|Oil||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Brown breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Coat The Fish)|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the tartar sauce|
|Thick cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Gherkins||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Serving)|
Calories 436 Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.1 mg
Sodium 386.6 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g6.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 35 g70.3%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the tartare sauce, combine the ingredients and whisk well until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Rinse the fish fillets and pat dry.
3. Halve each fillet making a slantwise cut right across
4. Cut the halves lengthwise into 3 narrow strips or goujons.
5. In a bowl, add flour and season well.
6. In a shallow plate blend the egg and oil.
7. Add the fish goujons and toss in the flour to coat well.
8. Shake off the excess flour by adding the fish strips to a sieve.
9. Dip each goujon in the beaten egg mixture, letting excess drain back into the bowl
10. Place on a plate with brown crumbs and roll to coat, patting to give an even layer.
11. Shake off excess crumbs and place breaded goujon on a platter.
12. Continue to bread the remaining goujons in a similar manner.
13. Cover and refrigerate if not frying immediately.
14. Heat oil in a deep fat fryer or frying pan.
15. Check if oil is hot by droping a few crumbs into it. The crumbs should surface in 3 seconds and turn golden.
16. Drop the breaded goujons into the hot fat, in batches and fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and crisp.
17. Remove using a slotted spoon or wire basket and drain on paper toweling.
18. Fry the remaining goujons.
19. Sprinkle salt on them once all are friend.
20. Place on a platter with a bowl of tartare sauce placed in the center.
21. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve immediately.