- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sole Almondine Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered almonds||2 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Jar)|
|Snipped parsley/1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sole fillets||1 Pound (1/4 Inch Thick)|
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 164
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.8 mg
Sodium 273.2 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 12 g24.5%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 7.5%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Melt butter in pie plate by microwaving it at HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
2. Stir almonds into the melted butter.
3. Return to the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring often, until almonds are golden brown.
4. Stir in parsley, lemon juice and seasonings. Set aside.
5. In a large baking dish, arrange fish fillets in a single later with narrow ends toward center.
6. Spread the almond butter equally on each steak.
7. Cover dish with plastic wrap.
8. Microwave at HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 minutes, turning the dish after 2 minutes, until fish is flakey.
9. Let stand for 3 minutes.
10. Serve the fish with a fresh green tossed salad.