- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe Video
|Whole wheat bread slice||2 Large|
|Sliced cheese||1 Medium|
|Mozzarella cheese||1 Tablespoon, shredded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 474 Calories from Fat 228
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.4 mg
Sodium 956.6 mg39.9%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 5.2 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 0.29%
Calcium 46.7% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble a solar cooker out in the sun.
2. Butter a piece of bread and place it on the pan, buttered side down.
3. Place the cheese slice on it.
4. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella.
5. Top with another piece of bread.
6. Butter the bread on the top.
7. Let it sit on the sun and flip it after an hour.
8. Let the other side be cooked for another 30 minutes.
9. Cut the slice in half and serve with the warm cheese oozing out.