- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Swedish Custard Rice Pudding Recipe Video
|Nutmeg||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1% milk)|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, powdered|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1124 Calories from Fat 563
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.3%
Saturated Fat 36.8 g184.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 533.5 mg
Sodium 746.6 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.7%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 41 g82.4%
Vitamin A 40.9% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 110.1% Iron 32.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble a solar cooker with a black glazed clay pot with in a larger glass bowl, both with lids and placed on a reflector.
2. In a bowl, crack open eggs and whisk it together with the salt.
3. Add in the cooked rice and the ground nutmeg.
4. Pour in the evaporated milk, 1% milk, sugar and whisk well.
5. Sprinkle in the cinnamon from the top together with the butter.
6. Place the clay pot with the lid on in the bigger glass bowl and let it cook in the sun for 2 hours with an outside temperature of 82 degrees Farenheit.
7. Stir it a little and let it sit for yet another hour.
8. Plate it and serve it warm.