- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Sausage and Egg Scramble Recipe Video
|Bell pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced (red, yellow and green)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Sausages||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), diced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.2%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 219.6 mg
Sodium 638.6 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.82 g3.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get the solar cooker ready and outside in the sun.
2. In the black stoneware bowl of the solar cooker, add all the ingredients other than the eggs. Let them cook for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and pour them in.
4. Cook it for 30 minutes and then give it a mix to scramble it.
5. Solar cook it for 1 more hour.
6. Serve it hot.