- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Rice Krispies Treat Recipe Video
|Marshmallow||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rice cereal||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 160 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6.5 mg
Sodium 83 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.08 g0.32%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 1 g2.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble a solar cooker with a black glazed clay pot with lid in a bigger glass bowl with lid. Place the bowls on a reflector.
2. Butter the black glazed dish.
3. Add the remaining butter and marshmallows in the bowl and let it stand in the sun for 1 and half hours checking in between to see if the marshmallows have melted in a cream.
4. Stir in the butter and marshmallows well.
5. Remove from heat and empty the rice cereal into it.
6. Mix well and take a bigger rectangular dish and grease it.
7. Add the mixture of the marshmallows and the cereal in the rectangular dish and press it with a spatula so that it assumes uniform thickness.
8. Cut out with a knife into medium sized squares and serve.