- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Pumpkin Cake Recipe Video
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pumpkin puree||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (canned)|
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 408
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g71.7%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 467.6 mg19.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18.2%
Sugars 36.1 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 192.5% Vitamin C 4.6%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble the solar oven out in the sun with a temperature of at least 71 degrees Farenheit .
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, vegetable oil, sugar and pumpkin puree.
4. Add the sifted flour mixture in the above bowl and fold it in gently.
5. Pour in a cake pan and sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
6. Let it sit out in the sun for 2 hours and 30 minutes.
7. Insert a toothpick and check if its done.
8. Serve on a platter.