- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Malaysian Clay Pot Chicken and Rice Recipe Video
|Chicken thigh||2 Pound (cut into medium pieces)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||7 Cup (112 tbs) (homemade)|
Calories 552 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g9.2%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg
Sodium 1292.6 mg53.9%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g26.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.3 g1.2%
Sugars 2.9 g
Protein 37 g74.5%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set up the solar cooker with a black stoneware bowl in a larger glass bowl placed on a reflector.
2. In a large bowl, add the chicken and all the ingredients except the rice, scallions and the chicken broth.
3. Let the marinated chicken rest in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Place the rice in the stoneware bowl and add the chicken broth.
5. Add the marinated chicken in the bowl and replace the lid.
6. Let it sit in the sun for 3 hours and 45 minutes.
7. Garnish with scallions and serve.