- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked German Style Potato Salad Recipe Video
|Red potatoes||2 Medium|
|Egg||1 Large, chopped finely|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 86.5 mg
Sodium 887.6 mg37%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.2%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 9 g18.9%
Vitamin A 32.5% Vitamin C 70.8%
Calcium 8% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble three solar cookers for the potatoes, bacon and a mini one for the egg.
2. Place the potatoes, bacon slices and egg to cook in the respective solar cooker bowls.
3. Once the egg is done, shell it and chop it.
4. Once the bacon is done crumble it and set aside.
5. Mix the rest of the ingredients except the salt and the parsley to make the dressing. Once the dressing is done cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate it.
6. The potatoes takes the longest to cook, about 4 hours. Once they are done dice them into medium sized cubes.
7. Place it in the dressing and combine everything together.
8. Season with salt.
9. Garnish with parsley and serve warm.