- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Garlic Mojo (Mojo de Ajo) Recipe Video
|Garlic||2 Large (heads)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 242.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 0.29 g0.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.07%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 0.06 g0.11%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.46%
Calcium 0.2% Iron 0.93%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble the solar cooker with a stone ware bowl placed in a large glass bowl.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and place in the stone ware bowl.
3. Add the salt and pour in the olive oil.Mix it in and cover with the lid.
4. Let it stand in the sun with an outside temperature of about 47 degree Farenheit for 3 hours.
5. Remove the lid and add in the lime juice and let it stand in the sun for another 1 hour.
6. Mash in the garlic with a potato masher.
7. Store in a glass jar and keep refrigerated.