- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Cajun Spiced Pulled Pork Po' Boy Sandwich Recipe Video
|Cajun spice rub||2 Tablespoon|
|Pork shoulder||2 Pound|
|Whole wheat bread||2 Pound, sliced|
|Mayonnaise||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Carrot||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
Calories 724 Calories from Fat 358
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.2%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g39.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 1286.7 mg53.6%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.7 g19%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 32 g64.8%
Vitamin A 61.3% Vitamin C 7.3%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 29.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Get the solar cooker outside and ready.
2.Take the pork shoulder and smother it with the spice rub.
3. Place the pork shoulder in the black clay pot, replace the lid and place it within the solar hotpot cooker.
4. Let it cook for 5 hours before checking the internal temperature with a food thermometer. The safe internal temperature for pork is 160 degrees Farenheit. It reached 195 degrees Farenheit in this case.
5. Take the cooked pork shoulder and shred the meat as in pulled pork.
6. Add back the gravy to the meat.
7 Assemble the sandwiches with the mayo and the shredded vegetables in between the bread along with the pulled pork.
8. Secure with tooth pick if necessary and serve.