- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Cooked Apple Crostata Recipe Video
|Pie crust||1 Medium, frozen|
|Apple pie filling||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 339 Calories from Fat 155
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g32.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.5 mg
Sodium 295.6 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 3 g6.7%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Assemble the solar cooker.
2. Mix in the egg and water or milk to make the egg wash.
3. Roll out the store bought pie dough and lay it over the metal 9 inch cake pan.
4. Pour in the apple pie filling in the center and fold in the dough from the sides.
5. Brush the egg wash on the sides.
6. Sprinkle in the granulated sugar on the top.
7. Place the cake pan within the larger glass bowl of the solar cooker and let it sit on the reflector in the sun for 2 and a half hours.
6. Plate it and serve it.