- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Solar Baked Israeli Honey Cake Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|Clove||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Allspice||1⁄2 Tablespoon, ground|
|Honey||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Strong coffee||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 667 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.5 mg23.5%
Sodium 1066.9 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 117 g39.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 74.7 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 1.8% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.Preheat the pan in the solar cooker for 20 minutes.
2. In a bowl,combine all the dry ingredients together.
3. In another bowl whisk in the eggs, oil and sugar.
5. Pour in the coffee and mix it in.
4. Add the dry ingredients and fold it in.
5. Empty the cake batter in the pre heated 9 inch cake tin.
6. Let it sit in the sun for 1 hour and 40 minutes with an outside temperature of 76 degrees Farenheit.
7. Allow it to cool, cut into slices and serve.