- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sojjiappam ( Sweet) Making Made Easier Recipe Video
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Semolina||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 356 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 20.2 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 22.4 g
Protein 3 g6.2%
Vitamin A Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, place flour and ghee, add enough water to make a soft dough.
2. For the stuffing, in a medium wok, heat ghee, add semolina, fry for 2 minutes, add grated jaggery and water, cook to get a consistency as that of upma.
4. Roll the dough to a small sized disc, place a ping pong ball size ball of the stuffing in it, fold into half, lift the sides and fold again tightly. Lightly roll again to make a thick small sized disc. Repeat the process to make several soojjappams.
5. In a medium wok, heat oil, fry the soojiappam's on low heat, until it turns light golden brown.
6. Serve as a dessert or as a snack.
Tightly wrap the soojiappam so that the stuffing does not show through the poori.