- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Softly Scrambled Eggs With Asparagus And Cured Ham Recipe
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||4 (1 Can)|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon, unsalted|
|Chives||2 Teaspoon, snipped (1 Can)|
Calories 162 Calories from Fat 109
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.6%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 228.6 mg
Sodium 179.7 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 11 g21.7%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 7.9%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the woody ends of asparagus and slice the spears into 1-inch lengths.
2) Mince the sliced ham into 2 x 1/4-inch pieces.
3) In a large nonstick skillet, over medium heat, heat oil and sauté asparagus for about 2 minutes in it until bright green and just soft.
4) Mix in ham and cook the mixture for another minute, tossing the skillet constantly.
5) Take off the asparagus and ham and keep them aside.
6) Wipe off the skillet.
7) Whisk together eggs, sour cream, salt, and pepper lightly.
8) Mix in asparagus and ham.
9) In the cleaned skillet, over low heat, heat butter till it melts.
10) Stir in the egg mixture with a fork and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are set but still soft, being careful not to overcook.
11) Garnish with snipped chives and serve at once.