- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Culinary Carrie: Soft Pretzels Recipe Video
|Active yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||1 , beaten|
Calories 326 Calories from Fat 15
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.7%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 7750.3 mg322.9%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 10 g20.7%
Vitamin A 0.8% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 2% Iron 24.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge mixing bowl, cookie sheet, brush
1. Preheat the oven on 375 degree.
2. Prepare parchment covered cookie sheet.
3. In large mixing bowl combine yeast, water, salt and sugar mix well and then add flour.
4. Mix everything with your hands and once the ingredients have come together, transfer on a floured worktop and knead the dough gently, do not over knead.
5. Once done roll the dough and cut the dough into rolls and form it into pretzel shapes.
6. Place it in a baking sheet and brush each pretzel with egg wash and sprinkle some kosher salt.
7. Bake it for 8-10 minutes.
8. Serve the soft pretzel along with a cup of hot tea.