- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soft Pretzels Recipe
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (105 To115 Degree F)|
|Active dry yeast||1⁄4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Table salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt/Coarse sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1860 Calories from Fat 44
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.82 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15862.5 mg660.9%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.7%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 54 g108.7%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 135.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Turn dough onto floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes, working in enough of remaining 1/2 cup flour just to keep dough from sticking.
3. Shape dough into ball; place in greased large bowl, turning dough to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place (80° to 85°) until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F Grease two large cookie sheets. Punch down dough and cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into 24-inch-long rope. Shape ropes into loop-shaped pretzels.
5. In small bowl, whisk remaining 1/2 cup warm water and baking soda until soda has dissolved.
6. Dip pretzels in baking soda mixture and place, 1 1/2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets; sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Bake until browned, 16 to 18 minutes, rotating sheets between upper and lower racks halfway through baking. Serve pretzels warm, or cool on wire racks to serve later.