- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soft Molasses Cake Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Royal baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2846 Calories from Fat 1008
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 114 g175.4%
Saturated Fat 29.8 g148.8%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 222.8 mg74.3%
Sodium 2684 mg111.8%
Total Carbohydrates 432 g144.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 200.6 g
Protein 36 g72.2%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 171% Iron 127%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to a moderate temperature.
2) Take a bowl and cream the shortening into it.
3) Add sugar gradually to it and mix well by beating constantly.
4) Beat the eggs and add to batter along with the molasses.
5) Sift the flour together with salt, baking powder, spices and soda.
6) Add half of it to the batter.
7) Add the other dry ingredients along with the milk and mix thoroughly.
8) Take a shallow pan and grease it.
9) Place the mixture in a pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes approximately.
10) Serve it hot.