- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soft Lemon Sugar Cookies: Cookie Jar Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for rolling dough)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3820 Calories from Fat 1670
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 190 g292.2%
Saturated Fat 117.5 g587.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 695.3 mg
Sodium 782.4 mg32.6%
Total Carbohydrates 509 g169.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.4%
Sugars 316.6 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 117.5% Vitamin C 32.2%
Calcium 32.5% Iron 72.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 ̊F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a mixer beat butter, 1 cup sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Mix in the egg and lemon zest.
4. Add to the mixer the flour mixture and beat until just combined.
5. Place 1/2 cup sugar in small bowl.
6. Scoop medium size ball of dough in sugar and roll around to cover. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough.
7. Bake until cookies are golden brown around edges, about 11 minutes.
8. Serve with your favorite kind of icing on top or sandwiched with a cream filling of your choice and enjoy!