- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Soft Caraway Breadsticks Recipe
|Baking yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Safflower oil/Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Honey||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg||1 , mixed with 1 teaspoon water|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1746 Calories from Fat 517
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g92.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 2102.7 mg87.6%
Total Carbohydrates 254 g84.7%
Dietary Fiber 43.2 g172.9%
Sugars 23.5 g
Protein 60 g120.8%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 10.8%
Calcium 51% Iron 112.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease cookie sheets and keep them aside.
2) Yeast and water are mixed well so that the yeast dissolves completely.
3) Add honey, oil, salt and boiling water, one after the other, stir the ingredients as they are being added
4) When this mixture cools down, add flour, one cup at a time, while mixing well after addition of every cup.
5) Add caraway seeds and blend them in; however, do not knead, else the dough will become tough.
6) Refrigerate this dough (in the work bowl) and when it chills, divide the dough into 12 pieces.
7) Roll out the dough pieces on a floured board, till they reach one foot long.
8) Place these foot long dough rolls on the greased sheets and brush them with egg and water mixture.
9) Press caraway seeds into the breadsticks and keep them aside for about 30 minutes, allowing them to rise. (do not cover them).
10) Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425 degrees C.
11) Once the breadsticks have risen, bake them for about 15 minutes.
12) When done, cool them and serve with soup of choice.