- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sofrito Baked Chicken Recipe Video
|Sofrito||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salted butter/Margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken||2 Pound|
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 574
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.4%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 259 mg
Sodium 823.2 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.59 g2.4%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 61 g121.6%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 19.7%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F.
2. Over counter top place the chicken. Pull the skin of the chicken and fill sofrito under it. Spread the sofrito with hands.
3. Place the butter on top of the chicken and inside the skin.
4. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 240 minutes.
5. Place the chicken over a baking sheet and bake for 120 minutes.
6. Take out the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes.
7. Serve Sofrito Baked Chicken with rice and tossed salad.