- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snowball Cookies Recipe Video
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange blossom water||3 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unsweetened coconut flakes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 755 Calories from Fat 323
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.9 mg17.6%
Sodium 270.4 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 6.8 g27.1%
Sugars 67 g
Protein 7 g13.4%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, add flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and mix well till combined.
4. In another bowl, break the eggs and whisk them. Add vanilla extract and continue to whisk till combined. Pour the oil and mix till combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the egg oil mixture in batches and mix well. Make sure to incorporate one batch before adding the next.
6. Make small grape sized balls from the dough and place it on the prepared baking sheet a little away from each other as they will spread during baking.
7. Bake for around 15 minutes or till the cookies are done.
8. Meanwhile in a bowl mix orange blossom water and apricot jam and microwave it for a few minutes.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
10. While still warm, roll 2 cookies in the jam blossom water mixture. Holding them together as a sandwich, roll them in the coconut.
11. Repeat this with all the cookies.
12. In a serving plate, serve the cookies with Moroccan tea.
These cookies taste better if eaten the next day as it will absorb the flavours of the blossom water and jam.