- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snow-Capped Pie Recipe
|Carrot liquid||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Well seasoned mashed potatoes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Celery salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bbq sauce||1 Teaspoon (A-1)|
|Cooked sliced carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 647 Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.5 mg
Sodium 422.3 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 71.4%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a skillet and melt butter in it.
3) Add beef and onion. Sauté until light brown in color.
4) Add celery, seasonings and A-l sauce.
5) Take a 2-quart greased casserole and place carrots in it along with the liquid.
6) Put the browned beef mixture on top of carrots.
7) Top with mashed potatoes.
8) For giving a decorative finish, put some of mashed potatoes in a pastry tube or a cake decorator and make a fluted or scalloped edging around top.
9) Brush with butter.
10) Bake, uncovered, for about 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are light brown color and all other ingredients are thoroughly heated.
11) Garnish with parsley and serve hot.