- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snow Peaked Meat loaf Recipe
|Canned condensed golden mushroom soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce (Campbell's, 1 can)|
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Mashed potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1137 Calories from Fat 475
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.5%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169 mg
Sodium 762.8 mg31.8%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.9%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 47 g93.2%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 99.6%
Calcium 18.9% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (180 degrees C).
2. Line a 8-inch x 4-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil.
3. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ½ cup soup, onion, crumbs, egg and salt.
4. Mix thoroughly and form into a loaf. Place in loaf pan.
5. Bake in hot oven for 1 hour.
6. Drain the fat from the pan into a saucepan and reserve the drippings.
7. Cover the loaf with the mashed potatoes and frost with generous sprinkle of cheese.
8. Bake another 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes and cheese are lightly gratinated.
9. Remove and rest the meatloaf while preparing the gravy.
10. Into the drippings, stir in remaining soup and add water.
11. Boil and reduce the liquid until thick, stirring occasionally.
12. Slice and serve the Snow Peaked Meatloaf with the gravy.