- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snow Pea Salad Recipe
|Snow peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Red bell peppers/Green bell peppers||2 Large, sliced into rings|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Walnut oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Champagne vinegar/White wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon, toasted|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.1 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 222.1%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small container, combine oil, vinegar, sugar and lemon juice and keep the oil mixture aside.
2) Boil the snow peas briefly for 1 to 2 minutes and drain.
3) Wash thoroughly with cold running water to prevent cooking any further.
4) Allow to cool.
5) In a large glass bowl, mix together snow peas, pepper rings and mushrooms.
6) Just before serving, toss vegetable mixture gently with oil mixture.
Drizzle sesame seeds on top and serve.