- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snow Pea, Apple and Nut Fall Salad Recipe
|Snow peas||500 Gram|
|Red apple||1 Liter, unpeeled, cored and sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Pecan nuts/Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the dressing|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Snipped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 996 Calories from Fat 566
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g101.4%
Saturated Fat 6.9 g34.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 169.2 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 24.4 g97.5%
Sugars 67.3 g
Protein 16 g32%
Vitamin A 74.6% Vitamin C 310.2%
Calcium 26% Iron 41.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Blanch, steam or microwave the snow peas for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Drain well and plunge into a bowl of ice chilled water. Drain again
3. Slice and toss apple in lemon juice to prevent if from browning.
4. Combine the snow peas, apple slices and nuts in a salad bowl.
5. To make the chive dressing, combine mayonnaise and yogurt in a small bowl and whisk with a wire whisk, stir in the chives.
6. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss well until every pea pod, apple slice and nut is coated with the it.
7. Enjoy immediately.