- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snow Eggs Recipe
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiled|
|Lemon rind||1⁄4 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Caramel sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 35
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 1.8 g8.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98.2 mg
Sodium 120.5 mg5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.02 g0.07%
Sugars 55.6 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 0.34%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, beat egg yolks slightly and add sugar and salt.
2) Whisk in the hot milk, beating continuously to prevent yolks from curdling.
3) Place the bowl over double boiler, stirring continuously until the custard thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
4) Take bowl off the double boiler and stir in the vanilla and lemon rind.
5) Allow the yolk mixture to cool and place in refrigerator until chilled.
6) In a pot, fill 3/4 with water and bring to boil.
7) In a bowl beat egg whites and salt to soft peak consistency.
8) Gradually add in sugar and beat until stiff.
9) Reduce the heat and simmer the water.
10) Scoop spoonful of the egg white mixture and poach in the simmering water for 2 minutes.
11) Turn the egg white with a perforated ladle and let it cook for 4 minutes more.
12) Remove the meringues and drain on paper towel.
13) Allow the meringues to cool and place in refrigerator until chilled.
14) In a saucepan, combine sugar and water.
15) Heat the sugar mixture until golden brown.
16) Remove form heat and cool slightly.
17) Spoon the custard equally in 8 stem glasses.
18) Place 2 meringues in each glasses, and allow to float.
19) Drizzle the caramel sauce over the meringues, serve cold.