- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snappin Cranberry Pear Crisp Recipe
|For fruit mixture|
|Whole berry cranberry sauce||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Pears||2 Pound, peeled and sliced (5 Medium Size)|
|Gingersnap cookies||15 , coarsely crushed to make 1 cup|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Custard/Ice cream||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Needed For Serving)|
Calories 995 Calories from Fat 265
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.9%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 58.1 mg
Sodium 851.5 mg35.5%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.7%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.4%
Sugars 76.2 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 18.3% Iron 39.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir in cranberry sauce into flour
3. Toss pear slices in the flour mixture.
4. Turn fruit mixture into a baking dish.
5. Prepare the crumble topping by combining cookie crumbs, flour, brown sugar and butter
6. Cover fruit mixture with the crumble.
7. Place dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes till the pears are tender and crumbly is crunchy and golden.
8. Spoon into bowls and serve warm.
9. You can accompany the fruit crumble with custard or a scoop of ice-cream if you like.