- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Snails In Burgundy Wine Sauce Recipe
|White bread slices||4|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Red burgundy wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Snails||15 Ounce (2 Can)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1335 Calories from Fat 307
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 284.2 mg
Sodium 3018.5 mg125.8%
Total Carbohydrates 118 g39.3%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20.1%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 83 g165.6%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 10% Iron 95.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 350 degrees.
2) With a paring knife, cut 3-inch-round crouton from each slice of bread. Line in a single layer on cookie sheet and toast in oven 5 minutes.
3) Mince onion and garlic. Cube bacon.
4) Place the toasted croutons to 4 small soup bowls or salad plates.
5) Take a medium-size saucepan and cook bacon 3 to 5 minutes till brown.
6) Add onion and garlic and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
7) Mix in red wine, stock, brandy, and salt and pepper to taste. Boil over medium heat.
8) Clean, rinse and drain snails. Add liquid in pan, reduce heat and cook in simmering heat for 5 minutes.
9) Transfer snails to medium-size bowl, wrap up with foil and keep warm.
10) In a small bowl, mix butter and flour till smooth. Whisk the mixture to sauce and cook stirring for about 3 minutes. Take off pan from heat.
11) Place snails on croutons placed in the plates. Spoon sauce on it and garnish parsley sprig on top.