- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pork Chops In Onion Gravy Recipe Video
|Pork chops||4 Large (1-Inch Thick)|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Garlic cloves||4 Medium, minced|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 585 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.9%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 86.2 mg
Sodium 390.1 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 30 g60%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Season pork chops on both sides with the poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
2. On a large frying pan, heat oil over medium high flame.
3. When the oil is hot, brown the pork chops well, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and reserve on a plate.
4. Pour off the excess oil, and place the pan back on the stove over medium heat.
5. Add butter and the onions, along with a big pinch of salt.
6. Brown it for 15 minutes. The onions need to caramelize for best results.
7. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
8. Add flour and cook for two minutes.
9. Add the chicken broth, liquid from pork chops, buttermilk, and water.
10. As the mixture comes to a simmer, use a wooden spoon to scrape any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
11. Reduce flame and let the onion gravy gently simmer for 15 minutes. Add a splash of water if it seems to be getting too thick.
12. Add the pork chops, and any juices, back into the pan, and coat with the gravy. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the pork reaches your desired level of doneness. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed.
13. Serve Pork Chops in Onion Gravy over rice, topped with the onion gravy.