- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Signature Apple Smoked Meatball Sub Cooked on a Yoder YS640 Recipe Video
|Mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Sun dried tomatoes||3⁄10 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Rosemary||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), mince|
|Bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄10 Cup (5.33 tbs), grated|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Maple sausage||1 Pound (Jimmy Dean maple sausage)|
|Regular sausage||1 Pound|
|85/15 ground beef||3 Pound|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped (loosely packed)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), mince|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Small, chop (3 slices)|
|Chopped mushroom||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Bread rolls||1 Pound (as needed)|
|Mozzarella||3 Tablespoon, grated (as needed)|
Calories 1365 Calories from Fat 736
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 82 g125.5%
Saturated Fat 24.3 g121.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 378.3 mg126.1%
Sodium 2119.8 mg88.3%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.1%
Sugars 10.5 g
Protein 92 g183.1%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 55.5%
Calcium 36.4% Iron 43.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, add egg and Worcestershire sauce. Whisk well.
2. Drop mushroom, garlic, onion, sun dried tomatoes, parsley, and rosemary. Mix to incorporate.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine maple sausage, regular sausage, and ground beef.
4. Pour egg mixture into the mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
5. Drop bread crumbs, cheese, and pepper. Give it a good mix.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and pop it in refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. Preheat the cooker to 210 degree.
8. For marinara, place a large pan over high heat, and pour olive oil in it.
9. Add parsley, garlic, basil, red onion, and mushroom in it. Stir, and cook until the garlic browns.
10. Pour crushed tomatoes in pan.
11. Add balsamic vinegar, and give it a good stir.
12. Throw oregano, mix, and bring the mixture to a boil.
13. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 45 minutes.
14. Meanwhile roll meat mixture into 2-inch meatballs. Place meatballs on wire rack
15. Place the wire rack in cooker, cover, and cook until the internal temperature reaches 160 degree F.
16. Mist meatballs with apple juice, twice during the cooking time.
17. Slice meatballs in half, and drop them in marinara. Mix well. Cover, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
18. Cut bread rolls into half and toast them.
19. Spread some marinara on bread slices.
20. Top them with mozzarella, toast until cheese melts.
21. Place bread rolls on work surface. Top them with meatballs, and cover with the other slice.
22. Serve apple smoked meatball hot.