- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mad Hunky Brined Thanksgiving Day Turkey Recipe Video
|Mad hunky brine||1 Pound|
|Cold water||1 Gallon|
|Turkey breast||2 (bone in)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), chopped finely|
|Ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melt (1 1/4 cubes)|
|Mad hunky rub||1 Teaspoon|
|To rub on turkey|
|Mad hunky rub||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Minced garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), divided|
|Pepper||To Taste (Optional)|
Calories 196 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.7%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.7 mg
Sodium 252.2 mg10.5%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.11 g0.45%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 19 g38.3%
Vitamin A 4% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large tub, mix Mad Hunky brine, and water. Soak birds in it, and refrigerate for 4 hours.
2. Preheat cooker to 230 degree F.
3. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic, basil, pepper, and Mad Hunky rub. Give it a good whisk.
4. Remove turkey from brine and rinse it well.
5. Put your finger, and loosen the skin of turkey. Place 2 large tablespoons of butter mixture under the skin of each turkey. Massage it well.
6. Apply the remaining butter on the outer skin.
7. Rub garlic, and Mad Hunky rub on them.
8. Season turkey breasts with pepper, if desired.
9. Place turkey on smoker, and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degree.
10. Turn the smoker to 270 degree, and continue cooking until the internal temperature is 170 degree.
11. Cut into slices and serve turkey hot.