- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Deluxe Veggie Injected Top Round Roast Recipe Video
|Top round roast||6 Pound (2)|
|Pico de gallo||8 Ounce (with a squeeze of lime)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Mushroom||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely chopped|
|Garlic cloves||2 Small, 1 coarsely chopped, and 1 finely chopped (whole garlic)|
|Red sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Blues Hog Tennessee red sauce)|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.1%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 195 mg
Sodium 291.4 mg12.1%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 69 g138.8%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 0.53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine Pico de gallo, cilantro, basil, red onion, mushroom, and coarsely chopped garlic.
2. Sprinkle pepper, and pour red sauce in it. Mix it well.
3. With injector, inject the mixture into the top round roast, as shown in the video. Do it in several places.
4. Rub finely chopped garlic all over the roast. Season it with pepper.
5. Lay onion, and mushroom slices on top.
6. Preheat cooker to 225 degree F.
7. Place roast in cooker. Cover, and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degree for medium.
8. Remove roast from oven, and let it rest for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 150 degrees.
9. Cut into slices and serve veggie injected top round roast hot.
You can slice one roast, and drop it in Crock pot along with BBQ sauce, and jalapeno. Cook for 8 hours and enjoy slow cooked spicy BBQ beef.