- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smokey Prime Rib Recipe Video
|Prime rib roast||18 Pound, dry seasoned|
|Hardwood hickory chips||1 Bag (1 kg) (For Smoking)|
|Rock salt||2 Bag (2 kg)|
Calories 607 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.7%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g59.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.3 mg
Sodium 537.5 mg22.4%
Total Carbohydrates 0 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 78 g156.3%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Smoke roast low and slow for 4 hrs.
2. Check meat temperature with cooking thermometer to estimate time remaining for cooking in rock salt.
3. Remove roast from smoker and place in teivet filled with rock salt. Once in, fill the entire trivet with rock salt.
4. Continue cooking until meat temperature reaches 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove roast from rock salt and place in foil tray and tent with foil for about 30 minutes, roast will continue to cook.
6. Slice and serve. Ideally, roast center will reach 150F and yield a medium rare center and medium well end cuts.