- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Loin of Pork Recipe
|Smoked pork loin||5 Pound (12 Ribs)|
|Bacon slices||6 , cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Onion||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Apple||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sliced (Pared)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), packed|
|Bay leaf||1 , crushed|
|Canned sauerkraut||22 Ounce (Drained)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 640 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 184.6 mg
Sodium 2376 mg99%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.8%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 48 g96.6%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 26.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wipe pork loin with damp paper towels.
2. In large kettle, place pork, 2 quarts water, 2 bay leaves, the allspice and black peppercorns.
3. If necessary, cut pork loin in half to fit in kettle bring to boiling reduce heat and simmer covered for 1 hour.
4. Remove from heat and let pork stand in liquid in kettle until ready to bake.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
6. In 15-l/2-by-10-l/2-by-2-l/4-inch baking pan, cook bacon, onion and apple over medium heat, stirring, until onion is soft—10 minutes.
7. Add brown sugar, crushed bay leaf, sauerkraut, wine and 1 cup of liquid from pork loin.
8. Cook uncovered and stirring frequently over medium heat 20 minutes.
9. Place pork loin in center of baking pan on top of sauerkraut and baste pork with some of liquid from sauerkraut.
10. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, to glaze pork and baste pork again.
11. Cover pan tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
12. Slice pork loin into chops and serve with sauerkraut and boiled potatoes or Potato Pan- cakes.