- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Catfish Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Concentrated liquid crab and shrimp boil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried dill weed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 291 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.8%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.5 mg
Sodium 2715.3 mg113.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.19 g0.77%
Sugars 9.1 g
Protein 43 g86.7%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 5.1% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over fish.
3. Cover; marinate at least 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning occasionally.
4. Prepare charcoal fire in smoker, and let burn 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Cover coals with large pieces of green hickory.
6. Place water pan in smoker.
7. Add hot water to fill pan.
8. Place lower food rack on appropriate shelf in smoker.
9. Arrange fish on food rack.
10. Cover with smoker lid, and cook 3 to 4 hours or until desired degree of doneness.
11. Note: Smoked Catfish and Smoked Trout may be cooked simultaneously on different racks.