- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Turkey Legs & Cabbage Recipe Video
|Cabbage heads||2 , core|
|Creole style butter marinade||17 Ounce (Tony Chachere's, Creole Butter & Jalapeno marinade)|
|Rub||3 Tablespoon (Big Rons, Just rub It On)|
Calories 450 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.6%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g28.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 153.6 mg
Sodium 2122.3 mg88.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 50 g99.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 29.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWeber smoky mountain – smoker
1. Start the smoker with pecan woods, temperature should be 250 degree.
2. Inject the turkey legs with the marinade, and season it with the rub, keep it aside.
3. Core the cabbage head with a paring knife also cut the base so that the cabbage can sit; cover it with foil leaving the open side up.
4. Pour some marinade in the cabbage cavity.
5. Place the turkey legs and the cabbage on the smoker grill, and smoke it until you reach 168 degree internal temperature about 3-4 hours.
6. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
7. Serve the turkey legs and cabbage along with a glass of beer.