- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Turkey Recipe Video
|Vegetable stock||4 Quart|
|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 Cup (16 tbs), coarsely ground|
|Pickling spice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ice water||1 Gallon|
|Fresh thyme||10 Gram|
|Fresh rosemary||10 Gram|
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Grape seed oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (substitute with butter or vegetable oil if desired)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Maple syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bourbon||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 427 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg
Sodium 453 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 7.6 g
Protein 47 g93%
Vitamin A 1.4% Vitamin C 1.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For brine, in a large pot add stock, white sugar, salt, and pickling spice.
2. Place the pot on flame, stir and bring it to a boil. Remove the pot from heat and allow it to cool.
3. Pour ice water into the pot. Mix well.
4. In a large ziplock bag, put turkey and pour brine in it. Pop it in refrigerator and let turkey soak in brine for 8-10 hours.
5. Remove turkey from brine. Rinse and pat it dry.
6. Fill the cavity with thyme, rosemary, sage, onion, and celery.
7. Preheat Weber to 250 degree F. Place a roasting tray below for drippings.
8. Place turkey on grill, cover and cook for 2 hours.
9. Apply grape seed oil on turkey. Season it with salt, and pepper.
10. Turn the heat to 375 degree F and cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degree.
11. For glaze, in a saucepan combine maple syrup, and bourbon. Place the pan on heat and reduce it by half.
12. In the last 10-15 minutes of cooking baste turkey with glaze.
13. Remove turkey from heat and let it rest for 20 minutes before carving.
14. Carve turkey and serve it with a complementing gravy.
If you soak turkey in brine for longer then there is a chance that your meat will become mushy after being cooked.
You can also put turkey in ice-pack if you do not have space in refrigerator.