- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Smoked Turkey Recipe Video
|Olive oil/Peanut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Brine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fresh herb||1 Bunch (100 gm) (rosemary, thyme, basil, parsley)|
|Onion||1 , quartered|
|Lemon||1 , halved|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Bbq rub||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 600 Calories from Fat 270
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 261.3 mg
Sodium 823.5 mg34.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 74 g149%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 9.2%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat cooker to 325 degree.
2. Clean turkey, and remove all giblets from its cavity.
3. On a dish place turkey, pour brine and allow it to sit for 10-12 hours,precisely 1 hour for each pound .
4. Remove turkey from brine, and rinse it thoroughly.
5. With a brush apply olive oil all over.
6. Rub lemon inside the cavity. Then, massage kosher salt.
7. Insert herbs and onion in it. Seal the cavity with a foil, as shown in the video.
8. Apply seasoning rub onto the skin.
9. Place turkey on broiler cooker, tuck back its leg, and cook until done.
10. Then, cook uncovered for 15-20 minutes.
11. Remove it from heat, and allow turkey to rest for 10-15 minutes.
12. Slice turkey as shown in the video.
13. Serve turkey with salad.
Sitting in brine depends on the weight of you turkey. Approximately sitting time is 1 hours per pound of turkey meat.
Internal temperature of a perfectly cooked turkey should reach 160-165 degree when measured in breast and 175-180 degree in the thigh portion.